Here are some helpful tips from the Mayo Clinic to get better sleep:
- Keep to a sleep schedule – go to bed and wake up at the same times every day, including weekends.
- Keep your bedroom dark and quiet.
- Eliminate screens from your bedroom.
- Avoid large meals and caffeine too close to bedtime.
- Limit alcohol use.
- Exercise during the day.
- Limit any naps to a maximum of 20 minutes.
All of these recommendations have been shown to significantly help people get more sleep and better sleep, too. Sweet dreams!