Rear-end collisions are the most common type of auto accident. While the only way to prevent injury is to not be involved in a wreck, there are certain things you can do to limit the extent of injury suffered from an accident.
What to do if you are about to be hit from the rear:
– Sit fully back against the seat and head restraint
– Shrug shoulders firmly to limit neck motion
– Look straight ahead with head back slightly
– (If stopped already) apply brake firmly
– (If the driver) place hands flat against the steering wheel
Dr. Hartwig is an auto-injury specialist and can help you return to pre-injury status. Call him today at 503-235-7130 for the care you need.